Mobile (407) 701-5830 Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Producer, Director, Writer 🎥 🎬 🎞
Creative, visual storyteller. Positive, playful, self-motivated, problem solver and team player. Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills. Experienced in the creation of original online content. Can shoot, write, produce and edit. Experience conceiving compelling short and medium form video content for the web and other digital platforms. Capable of taking a video project from start to finish. Experience creating schedules, budgets for high quality videos and projects within the allotted time and budget.
Brainstorming, Color Correcting, Authoring, Encoding, Lighting, Composing, Non-Linear Editing, Planning, Post-Production, Pre-Production, Multimedia, Scoring, Scriptwriting, Storytelling, Videography, Webcasting, YouTube
Software: Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe CC) After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro; Apple Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro, Live Type, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, QuickTime; Avid Media Composer; Movie Magic Scheduling, Budgeting, Screenwriter; Final Draft; Camtasia Creative Suite; ScreenFlow; SmartSound SonicFire Pro
- Produced an award-winning direct to DVD feature film sequel for Odom-Booker Entertainment, securing a worldwide distribution deal with Canada’s largest movie distributor, Entertainment One (E1) by utilizing name talent, low-budget agreements and taking on greater responsibilities
- Co-produced and shot an award-winning feature film for One Way or Another Productions by managing the production process to overcome the limitations of a small crew
- Collaborated in a key role on feature films for Warning Films that found successful, profitable, worldwide distribution through Maverick Entertainment by shooting and directing scenes and writing scripts
- As Vice-President of the Organization of Black Screenwriters (OBS), increased member participation through team leadership by serving as a Columnist and Editor-in-Chief of the organization’s newsletter
EJO Ventures Technology Project Management – Network Systems Integration, Nashville, TN, USA – 01/2018 – Present
VP, Content Creation
Oversaw all creative content creation from concept to completion for video development and production, social media marketing, digital marketing, IPTV and branded entertainment. Performed as principal voice over talent for client productions.
Big Trip To Japan, Davenport, FL, USA – 08/2017 – Present
Producer, Host, Writer, Editor
Produced, wrote, edited, recorded voices overs and hosted a weekly original series for the web about traveling in Japan. Led Google AdWords campaigns, edited episodes, shot footage, interviews and b-roll in the field in Japan or a-roll in the studio in front of green screen with a teleprompter.
- Created an emerging original travel series for the web by taking advantage or an organic situation and utilizing current equipment and video production skills to deliver a quality original web series that gained over 10,000 views within the first 6 weeks launch
Aero-News Network, Jacksonville, FL, USA – 04/2016 – Present
Producer, Host, Editor
Produced, anchored, recorded voice overs and edited Airborne Unlimited, a daily, online, weekday aviation news broadcast. Edited episodes. Shot footage, interviews and b-roll in the field at airshows and national aviation events, exhibitions and conventions. Shot live streaming on-location shows.
- Anchored and edited daily newscast episodes with brief time and training by relying upon and expanding preexisting skillsets to deliver a quality newscast with seamless transition from its predecessors
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL, USA – 10/2011 – Present
Taught screenwriting and film production. Created video lectures for film, television, animation, comics, and games to graduate level students. Conducted live online trainings and recorded voice overs.
- Increased the average final quality of student work in the course 15% by implementing new lessons, producing video instructions and conducting live Citrix GoTo Training Workshops to enhance the student experience
- Improved student clarity and fulfillment of academic expectations by incorporating video instructions, a tutorial to download deadlines into Apple MAC iCal, deadline reminders via text messaging, and weekly checklists to facilitate students ability to exceed expectations
- Honored with multiple Full Sail University PROPS awards from students for exceptional performance as a Course Director
Universal Event Photography(UEP),Winter Park, FL, USA – 03/2014 – Present
Live Event Camera Operator
Operated the HD video camera while simultaneously live streaming and recording regional dance competition events for the nation’s largest organizers of talent competitions (Starpower, Nexstar, Revolution)
- Streamlined the recording process on Universal Event Photography (UEP) live event shoots, which helped UEP, generate greater profits by recording directly to the external drive, which ensured that all recorded videos could be sold
- Troubleshooted content delivery by reinstalling Ustream, Blackmagic Design, and Hauppauge EZ Stream live streaming software, repairing PC Microsoft Windows operating systems, and troubleshooting Blackmagic H.264 external capture devices & Mackie audio mixers, on-the-fly during live shoots to overcome problems occurring during live streaming shoots
Odom-Booker Entertainment, Orlando, FL, USA– 06/2004 – 09/2011
Feature Film Producer, Director, Writer
Produced, directed, shot, wrote and edited narrative feature films, documentaries, commercials, music videos, promos, trailers and corporate video. Produced and web-ready and live-streaming event videos for conferences, workshops, seminars and classes. Recorded voices overs for trailers, promos and commercials.
- Produced an award-winning direct to DVD feature film, securing a worldwide distribution deal with Canada’s largest movie distributor, Entertainment One (E1), by hiring name talent for only one day, utilizing students and interns for low pay, and functioning personally in multiple crew positions to deliver the film after the budget was reduced by 75%
- Produced a direct to DVD, feature film with worldwide distribution by offering actors and crew deferments, relying upon personal relationships to secure $20K in waived location fees, and functioning personally in multiple crew positions to overcome a lack of full financing
- Co-produced and shot an award-winning feature film for One Way or Another Productions by managing the production process to overcome the limitations of a skeleton crew
- Collaborated as a director and cinematographer on feature films for Warning Films that found successful, profitable, worldwide distribution through Maverick Entertainment by shooting and directing scenes, creating on-the-fly dialogue, and acting on-camera when necessary to complete scenes without scripts or enough talent on set
- Produced projects 4 times faster than previously capable for Technology Marketing Toolkit which were utilized to retain the company’s existing client base by upgrading to a faster MAC and a Thunderbolt external drive system to edit and compress several hours of footage for web streaming in only 25% of the rendering time previously required
- Produced marketing videos for BetaRecords.com that helped the company increase user counts and secure a major overseas contract by analyzing raw footage and editing it into distinct online promo videos to turn generic footage into stylized promos
- Produced 17 episodes of web series, IPTV, new, original programming for Akimbo within just 2 weeks time by developing an ultra low budget skeleton crew production philosophy and shooting style to produce multiple new, IPTV, web shows in a short period of time
Independent Television Service(ITVS), San Francisco, CA, USA – 06/2006 – 09/2009
On-Air Promotions Producer, Director, Writer, Editor
Produced, wrote, directed voice overs, revised and edited audio and video on-air promotions, creative promo and trailer scripts and spots for the PBS nationally televised original series Independent Lens. Recorded voice over temp tracks for the principal talent to emulate.
- Produced the rough cut of 10 feature documentary trailer spots within 7 days for the web and PBS national broadcast by minimizing the amount of time required to review and mark up a documentary to deliver the first cut of multiple trailers with limited time and resources
LiveVideo.com, West Hollywood, CA, USA – 11/2006 – 08/2007
Web Series Editor
Edited raw footage into webisodes from interviews, concerts, paparazzi video, sketch comedies, and scripted content, including projects using Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe CS) Photoshop, Illustrator; Apple Final Cut Pro, Compressor, DVD Studio Pro, Live Type, Motion, Soundtrack Pro; Movie Magic Screenwriter; and SmartSound SonicFire Pro
- Created webisodes with clear and cohesive storylines, plots, and purposes by reviewing the raw footage and creating storylines to convert footage shot without a script of interviews, paparazzi video, and reality style video into webisodes
Creative Artists Agency (CAA),Los Angeles, CA, USA – 03/2006 – 10/2006
Feature Film Story Analyst
Wrote coverage reports for big-budget feature film scripts, independent of studio financing, assessing their quality and marketability for a commercial audience using Microsoft Office, Word
UCLA, School of Film, Theater & Television, Los Angeles, CA, USA –10/2003 – 07/2004
Worked with the Head of Production and the Vice-Chair of the Department of Film, Television and Digital Media.
- Interacted, liaised, and resolved most issues on my own by familiarizing myself with the inner workings of the department to optimize the Head of Production’s time for bigger picture issues
Dan Gordon, INC, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA –06/2002 – 08/2003
Feature Film Writer’s Assistant
Participated in the development process for film and television projects.
- Bolstered the company’s ability to be successfully paid to develop and write movie-of-the-week and feature film screenplays by performing extensive library and web research to compile information on historical subjects
Watts Labor Community Action Committee (WLCAC), Los Angeles, CA –01/2001 – 09/2001
Program Coordinator, Tell It Theater
Functioned in the role of a Program Director to structure and implement an after-school Dramatic Arts Program
- Established a profound life-changing experience with high participation from the students their families by functioning as the program director, overseeing the implementation of the curriculum, supervising the instructors, and liaising with the school principals to provide quality alternative arts education for disadvantaged inner city youths
Aquent, Los Angeles, CA, USA –11/1997 – 12/2000
Various Entertainment Contract Positions
Freelanced in accounting, consumer products, development, home video, human resources, information technology, marketing, new media, production, and public relations. Worked in a variety of industries with clients ranging from Twentieth Century Fox, Lieberman Research Worldwide, Capital Group, TBWA/Chiat/Day, and McGraw-Hill
- Excelled as a high-demand contractor with numerous repeat requests from clients by quickly learning the standard operating procedures of each client, as well as all the names and roles of numerous departments’ key players to function as a full-time regular employee, while operating under a temporary contract
The Walt Disney Company, Network TV Production, Burbank, CA, USA –12/1996 – 09/1997
Provided administrative support in the role of a Staff Coordinator to the division Executive Vice-President and acted as the liaison for the Movies-of-the-Week production coordinators and the Network Television Department
- Enhanced the department’s ability to function effectively without delays by assuming the responsibilities of a staff coordinator, while still fulfilling my responsibilities as a production assistant to resolve a department staff shortage
University of California, Los Angeles, Master of Fine Arts (MFA), Film, Television, and Digital Media
University of California, Los Angeles,Professional Certificate, Screenwriting
Georgia State University, Atlanta,Bachelor of Arts (BA), Film and Video Production
Morehouse College, Atlanta, Some College Course Taken, Liberal Arts
- “23rd Psalm: Redemption,” (Feature), Producer, Director, Writer, Cinematographer, Editor, Entertainment One, 2013.
- “10 Commandments of Chloe,” (Feature), Cinematographer, One Way or Another Productions, 2013.
- “23rd Psalm,” (Feature), Producer, Director, Writer, Cinematographer, Editor, Vendetta Filmworks, 2013.
- “A Will To Win,” (Documentary), Director of Photography, One Way or Another Productions, 2013.
- “Big Trip To Japan,” (Web Series), Producer, Host, Camera Operator, Editor, 2017 – Present.
- “Big Trip Abroad,” (Web Series), Producer, Host, Camera Operator, Editor, 2018 – Present.
- “How To Invest in Gold,” (Web Series), Producer, Host, Camera Operator, Editor, Gold-IRA-Plan, 2016.
- “Airborne Unlimited,” (Web Series), Producer, Host, Camera Operator, Editor, Aero-News Network, 2015 – 2017.
- “Cedric The Entertainer,” (Pilot), Writer, Editor, LiveVideo, 2007.
- “Elton Brand,” (Pilot), Writer, Editor, LiveVideo, 2007.
- “Joanna Krupa,” (Pilot), Writer, Editor, LiveVideo, 2007.
- “Live Bands,” (Web Series), Writer, Editor, LiveVideo, 2006 – 2007.
- “Empower The Journey,” (Promo), Producer, Editor, Voice Over Talent, Knowledge Academies, 2018.
- “Fraport TV,” (Promo), Editor, On-Camera Talent, EJO Ventures, 2018.
- “Global Voices Season Preview” (Promo), Producer, Writer, Editor, ITVS, Global Voices, 2009.
- “Faubourg Tremé” (Promo), Producer, Writer, Editor, Independent Television Service (ITVS), PBS Plus, 2008.
- “Stranded: The Andes Plane Crash Survivors,” (Trailer), Producer, Writer, Editor, ITVS, Independent Lens, 2008.
- “Iron Ladies of Liberia” (Promo), Producer, Writer, Editor, ITVS, Independent Lens, 2008.
- “Homeless Youth Handbook,” (Interviews), Camera Operator, 90 Seconds Inc., 2018.
- “The 5 Galaxies,” (Trailer), Editor, Hewes Pictures, 2018.
- “Chopper,” (Trailer), Writer, Editor, NightOwl Productions, 2013.
- “Yodok Stories,” (Trailer), Producer, Writer, Editor, Kudos Family, Piriya Films, 2009.
- “Crips and Bloods: Made in America,” (Trailer), Producer, Writer, Editor, ITVS, Independent Lens, 2008.
- “Chicago 10” (Trailer), Producer, Writer, Editor, Independent Television Service (ITVS), Independent Lens, 2008.
- “Tulia, Texas” (Trailer), Producer, Writer, Editor, Independent Television Service (ITVS), Independent Lens, 2008.
Sennheiser ME66/K6 Shotgun Mic with Boom Pole, (1) Audio-Technica AT875R Line and Gradient Condenser Microphone, (2) Sennheiser Evolution G2 Wireless Lav Kits, (1) Sennheiser Evolution G2 Wireless Handheld Mic transmitter and receiver, Edirol R44 Portable Field Recorder
Canon Cinema EOS C300 Mark I 1080/60, 30, 24p, Canon 5D Mark II 1080/24p, GoPro HERO4 Silver 1080/240,120, 60, 30, 24p, Canon XF105 1080/60i, 30, 24p, Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB
Rokinon 20mm T1.9 Cine DS Lens for Canon EF, Rokinon 35mm T1.5 Cine DS Lens for Canon EF Mount, Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III USM Lens, Sigma 28-70mm F2.8-4 DG for Canon EF
Ikan FLY-X3-Plus 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer, SteadyTracker Ultralite, HDSLR Rig w/ Follow Focus, Bogen-Manfrotto HDV 504 Fluid Head Tripod, (1) Manfrotto MVH502A Fluid Head and MVT502AM Tripod, 6ft / 11ft CobraCrane Jib Arm, Cobra Crane Tracking Dolly with 15ft of Track, Onetakeonly iPad Teleprompter for 15mm Rigs
(2) Tolifo 1520 Led Video Studio Light Panel CRI95+ Bi-Color 3200K-5600K Dimmable, (1) PBL Tungsten 1K Light, (1) Britek Tungsten 500W Light, (1) Britek 300W Light, (2) ILED Softbox Diffuser for 1024 1000 LED Video Panel Lights, Several colored and diffusion Gels, (1) ND 9 gelly roll, Green/White/Black Screens, LED Camera Light